We all miss the salon setting. Lets face it, this quarantine is not the wave.
But with that being said , we have to encourage our clients to still maintain a healthy hair regimen while they are home. Here are a few tips on the products that we sell at Ahava Hair Boutique .
Hair Care Tips
1. There is no rule to how often we should be shampooing our hair. And ethnicity doesn’t matter either. Just as our bodies need water, so does our hair and scalp. Shampoo your hair as often as you need to. We recommend using a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner to keep moisture. This will help with dry and brittle hair. Also drink plenty of water, preferably 1 gallon per day.
2. Use the conditioner that matches the shampoo you are using. Most companies make their products so that they are cohesive, meaning they are made to work for one another.
3. For deep conditioning, use a product line that has hair care agents like protein, vitamin e, coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, and more. A great conditioner is essential. For deep conditioning leave the product in for about 15-30 mins , with a plastic cap covering your hair. You can also use heat to allow the product to penetrate the cuticle of the hair quicker.
4. After conditioning, you want to add an essential oil as an extra covering and treatment. But only if you are not using styling tools and heat on your hair. DO NOT use oil if you are going to curl or flat iron your hair. Only use oil if you will be doing a protective styling such as , wearing a wig, braids, twists, weave installation or updo. Is you use an excessive amount of oil and then use heat you could damage the hair strand. That means all of your hard work went to waste.
5. We recommend using Influance Hair Care for your styling needs. We sell the product line at the salon and on the website. We also offer an essential oil that is great for hair growth and scalp care.
Thank You so much for your support and prayers during this time.
We will continue to update you on changes about the reopening of the salon.